Sunday, November 23, 2008

somewhere in the middle of it all

So I have recently relocated from a 'big city' to a 'little town', there are things about this that amuse me from time to time and things that don't amuse, hence this post.

I like that the post office lobby is open 24/7 (I didn't have this in the big city) however I do NOT like that the mail only goes out once a day at 6pm.(!!)

Apologies to those that get late Happy Thanksgiving notes.

Next on my list surprises me, you would think that the small town thing would have worked in my favor here; as you all know Thanksgiving is around the corner so stuffing is on the menu. At the local non-big box grocery store tonight I asked for day old bread...you would have thought that I had asked for free groceries by the look that the manager guy gave me. "If food is not safe for consumption it doesn't leave the store."
Now I ask, how do I make my (in)famous stuffing...I may be opinionated but I'm no spendthrift. You really think I am going to pay for bread just to make it go stale? Help me out here!

So I sign off with late Thanksgiving greetings via snail mail and a hope to find someone to give/sell day old bread to me.

-your favorite opinionated girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell me what you really think or feel...