Tuesday, February 3, 2009

upsetting the apple cart

so I vented my frustration on an individual on how I don't like poor blog etiquette. Linking without thinking. What is that you ask? It's this ugly thing that has become commonplace since the 'blog explosion'. You create a blog, it asks if you want to link anyone, there are blogs you visit so you think, I should link them. Then you notice that your list is short compared to others you have seen, or you notice how easy it is to go back to those blogs once you link them or you just want to share with everyone all the people you know. Everyone has their own reason. I think the whole practice is kind of silly, and if you have linked without asking the blog owner its one of the seven deadly sins in my little world (the others are: printing pictures from blogs w/out asking and not citing a blog when you quote it).

So I saw this dandy little blog linked on a blog of an 'offender' and I called them out. I was wrong to call them out because I assumed that they knew who the owner of this dandy little blog was. It was the wrong thing to do, assume that is. Let this be my public apology.

The whole point here is this: think before you link. Ask the owner if it's all good. Its not a popularity contest here, no single person will win an award for the most links (at least I don't think there is an award, maybe I'm missing out).

In the meantime, blog on.

1 comment:

  1. Hello friend! I totally get this. And, if you do find out about an award I'll be a little horrified. :)

    ReplyDelete

tell me what you really think or feel...